On April 1, 2014 USCIS began accepting applications for a competitive grant funding opportunity to promote immigrant civic integration and prepare permanent residents for citizenship. USCIS will offer up to $10 million in competitive funding for citizenship preparation programs in communities across the country. This funding opportunity is for public or non-profit organizations that prepare permanent residents for citizenship by offering both citizenship instruction and naturalization application services. Applications are due by May 16, 2014. See uscis.gov for more detail.
- Funding Opportunity: DHS-14-CIS-010-002
- Application Deadline: May 16, 2014 (No extensions)
- Estimated Number of Awards: Up to 40
- Anticipated Funding Amount: Up to $10,000,000
- Performance Period: Two years (comprising two one-year budget periods)
- Anticipated Award Date: September 17, 2014
- Maximum Grant Award: Maximum grant award is $250,000 ($125,000 for the first year budget period and $125,000 for the second year budget period)